What I’m Reading
Quote of the Week
“Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.”
– Henry Ford
Latest Blog Posts
It’s about that time we take a big left turn. After a killer series focusing on confidence and building your achievement mindset, it’s tough to come up with something as tactical. But with Thanksgiving week just starting, I want to jump into something a little less tactical and goal driven. By getting a little more …
So how does this step by step help me build confidence? It just seems like a framework for achieving my goals? And that’s the exact point. 😉 Confidence stems from doing and achieving. “Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” So the fact that you’re doing something you value and hold highly in your …
Chief Marketing Officer
Dinely is a mobile application revolutionizing the dining industry. Giving the restaurants the power of dynamic pricing to fill open tables during off hours. Beta launch Miami 2018.
- Took over management and development of mobile and web applications managing 3 developers in 2 time zones
- Developed email sequences and marketing automaton for restaurant training and set up
- Increased beta launch list from 120 to 2,500 users in less than 2 months
A childhood passion project of mine that turned into full-fledged business. Manufacturing and selling the worlds healthiest peanut butter – 50% more protein than standard peanut butter without added sugars, preservatives, or oils.
- An idea to market in less than 3 months
- Raised $11k on Kickstarter with only 1 month of prep
- Email marketing campaigns with a 65% open rate, 15% CTR, and a 12% conversion rate
- Cold Influencer marketing campaigns with a 25% rate of them posting for FREE
- Laid out SEO strategy that ranked us 1st page for 2 key difficult search terms “Healthy Peanut Butter” and “Protein Peanut Butter”
- Organic Instagram from 0 to 3.5k followers in 4 months with over 10% engagement rate
- Featured on ABC, Fox, Journal Sentinal, OnWisconsin and other large news stations nationwide
- Named to Wisconsin’s 25 under 25
Digital Marketing Specialist
A modern brokerage delivering a simpler real estate experience for users and agents.
- Work across multiple channels to create and implement luxury real estate marketing strategies
- Optimized Facebook ads framework for entire Chicago region with leads under $3 per lead ($7-10 per lead industry average)
- Designed 15+ agent and listing websites in the first 2 months
- Developed email strategies with over 35% open rates for agents (18% open rate industry average)
Partner | Lead Developer
Started out as one website project for my best friends’ Uncle has turned into our full-time company. Over a year later here we are, planning to travel the world while scaling our digital marketing agency.
- 100% bootstrapped and profit positive from day 1
- Increased AstroInsulation.com’s web leads by over 500% leading to over $50k in revenue
- Gained HookedUpInstalls.com over 90 website leads in the first two months after website redesign
IT Intern (Application Developer)
Moved across the country (Milwaukee -> New York) to join the largest technology company in the world. Taking a key role in an international team working on udpating Global IBM to a new and improved cloud-based HRM system.
- Designed, developed, and deployed 3 internal websites viewed by over 50k Global IBMers
- Certified as an IBM iOS Designer, Design Thinker, and Agile Development Explorer
Founder | iOS Developer
My first venture into Entrepreneurship that got me hooked. Started just as an app idea to improve dates and make life more spontanious, from there took me on a wild journey that I’m forever thankful for.
- Self-Taught iOS Development – building out GoEat in Swift
- Spring 2016 Launch Pad Scholar (Startup Accelerator)
- Finalist in 3 (2 national) Business Plan Competitions
- Featured in Digital Trends, Launch Ticker, and first page of Product Hunt.
Corporate Banking Intern
My second internship and first one inside of corporate America. Got a mix of experiences of the banking industry from the ground (inside the branches) as well as from up top (working directly under a VP).
- Mastered Excel while mining data to show branch trends, forecasts, and past performance
- Presented research to VP’s and upper management, providing actionable recommendations
- Recommendations saved Associated Bank over $1.1 million annually
Throughout high school, I played basketball and football but never truly took my health and fitness seriously. Constantly reminded by my peers how chubby I was and how I was the fattest player on the basketball team. That all changed freshman year of college (2014) when I started to care how I looked and felt. I feel in love with exercise and the weight room from then on out.
Starting junior year (2017), I finally starting taking dieting seriously. I researched, read books, and listened to podcasts ultimately testing my assumptions and putting different diets to the test. Now continuously pushing my body and diet to the limits to optimize others bodies and minds as well as my own. I’ve also set out to be as trustworthy as possible with any fitness advice I give by becoming a certified personal trainer and sports nutritionist. Overall, I’ve lost over 50lbs, dropped below 8% body fat, and increased my max bench (and almost every lift) over 100% in less than 3 years.
Certified Personal Trainer
Certified Sports Nutritionist
“If you don’t like where you are, change it!”
Hartford Union High School
Class of 2014
Graduated with Honors
Captain of basketball team
Dean’s List 3 semesters
3.8 Business GPA
Class of 2017
BBA | IT Management
3.8 Cumulative GPA
My Quick Story – How I Changed My Life
Born and raised in the Milwaukee, WI area, I grew up in an average Midwestern town in a middle-class household. Growing up I was an average athlete, doing average in school, and just sliding by. During my freshman year of college, I spent my first semester and half slacking, failing classes, and became a heavy drinker and smoker to deal with my problems.
Near the end of that year, I had a sudden realization. I didn’t want to be average, I fucking hate that word. And I needed to turn my life around. I went cold turkey on drinking and drugs. Started spending my afternoons in the library instead of behind the TV playing video games. Over that next year I:
- Turned all my grades around from Ds to As
- Read over 25 business/economics/self-help books
- Became an officer in CEO (Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization)
- Taught myself programming (swift) to create my own startup
None of this is to brag. But to show you that if you don’t like where you are in life, you can also change it. It just takes time and a little determination. Feel free to contact me if you need help, advice, or some motivation. It’s my goal to help as many people as possible.